Showing posts from May, 2014

NetScaler StoreFront Request Error

We started a Citrix XenDesktop 7.1 installation today and I was the person responsible for the Citrix NetScaler appliances. In that case I had to setup two NetScaler VPX 10 appliances as a High Availability pair, load balance Storefront servers and DDCs and publish the applications and desktops using NetScaler Gateway. I started by downloading the appropriate VM for Hyper-V, created a VM using the vhd (I could not import the VM in Hyper-V 2012 R2 because it was exported from older version of Hyper-V) and then created a clone for the second node. I assigned IP addresses, uploaded license files and created an initial checkpoint of the VMs. I didn't update the firmware cause it was already at the latest version. After that I created the servers for the StoreFront and DDCs and then the Service Groups and the Services on each group. I also load balanced the company's Active Directory servers for the authentication. Then I created the virtual servers, the monitors and the

Office365 DirSync Error

After using dirsync for a few months now in order to sync the on premises Active Directory with the Windows Azure Active Directory for our company's Office 365 subscription, I got a very strange error today. A user reported that she could not log in to her mailbox via Micosoft Outlook so the first thing I did was to check the ForeFront Synchronization Service Manager logs to see if there is something wrong with the password sync process. On the Windows Azure Active Directory Connector there was the message "stopped-extension-dll-exception". The first thing that came to my mind was, OK some update broke the whole thing. I decided to take a look at the Application log in case there's something there that could help, and it was. There were several events stating that there is a error connecting to the authentication service. I searched the web for a bit and there were some people that suggested to check the Azure account used for the process for expired password. I

Citrix NetScaler GUI Error

Upgraded a NetScaler HA pair yesterday, following the official procedure, and everything seemed to be working fine. All services were up, all monitors were fine too. When I tried to take a look on a Virtual Server properties though, I got an error stating that the GUI version that I currently have (124.x) is not compatible with the kernel I'm using (125.8). The message also suggested that I flushed the Java cache, which I have disabled. I gave it a try with other browsers but the result was the same. After googling around for a bit I found out that the problem is caused by a custom theme I have setup on one of my Access Gateway Virtual Servers. I switched the theme setting to Green Bubble and everything works fine now. The bad thing is that I may have to build the custom theme from scratch...